NEW REPORT & INFOGRAPHICS: The role of beverages in the Australian diet
To understand the role of non-dairy, non-alcoholic beverages in the diet of Australians, a secondary analysis of the National Nutrition and Physical Activity Survey (2011-12) (part of the Australian Health Survey) was commissioned by the Australian Beverages Council and undertaken by the CSIRO Food and Nutrition Flagship.
A summary Report has been prepared to provide health professionals with an accurate and contemporary understanding of the role of beverages in the diet of Australian children and adults including:
- Beverage consumption intake and patterns
- Beverage contribution to energy and sugars intake
- Beverage consumption trends
- Relationships between beverage intake and nutrition status, lifestyle and other factors related to health
- Contribution of discretionary foods and beverages to total dietary energy from the discretionary foods group
Overall, these findings highlight the importance of helping people consume healthier total diets with fewer discretionary foods and drinks and more from the core food groups.
View the Report and infographics by clicking on the links below:
To order a hard copy of the Report, please click here: firstname.lastname@example.org