About The Australian Beverages Council
The Australian Beverages Council Ltd (ABCL) is the peak body representing the non-alcoholic beverage industry. Our Membership is comprised of small, medium-sized and large companies. Collectively these companies produce over 95% of the industry’s volume. Our Members make a substantial $7+ billion contribution to the Australian economy each year and nationally our Members employ over 46,000 people.
We strive to advance the industry as a whole, as well as successfully represent the range of drinks produced by our Members. These include carbonated regular and diet soft drinks, energy drinks, sports and isotonic drinks, bottled and packaged waters, fruit and vegetable juices, fruit drinks, cordials, iced teas, ready-to-drink coffees, flavoured milk and flavoured plant milk, and new entrants to the beverages industry.
The Australian Beverages Council provides a suite of relevant member services that help to keep Members up-to-date on developing issues, technical and regulatory matters, and operational opportunities. These services are designed to be relevant and beneficial to a diverse Membership, regardless of size, resources, geographic footprint or reach.
- Divisions and Committees – we’re made up of a number of divisions and committees, including a dedicated juice division, the Australasian Bottled Water Institute (ABWI), a Technical & Regulatory Affairs Committee, Public Affairs Committee and a number of special working groups
- Regulatory Updates – keep abreast of the myriad of changes that can have an impact on the products or services you provide to the market
- Policy Reform – participation in the development of industry submissions, responses to government discussion papers and regulatory review processes.
- Technical Advice – dedicated Tech Support line for advice and assistance, industry factsheets as well as the vast array of industry expertise through our Technical Committee
- Industry Updates – regular industry and market updates as well as broader domestic and international economic insights
- International Connections – access to a global beverages network of affiliates in both developed and developing markets
- Networking – access to an extensive network of industry professionals in leading multi-national and domestic companies
- Professional Development – access to a range of leading development opportunities such as specialist seminars, presentations from global experts, industry-specific workshops, and our certified plant operator training (CPO) at discounted rates.
Make an Application
ABCL Membership Brochure
If you would like to find out more about us, visit the About Us section.
If you would like to discuss Membership with us, please leave your details in the form below and we’ll call you back.